In Collaboration with District Administration,
Government of Manipur
ABOUT RREA FELLOWSHIP
- The fellowship is designed to develop young people who have the commitment and passion to improve the education, health and livelihood system around the border areas which are affected by conflict in lines of gender equality, social change and economic empowerment.
- It is a fellowship committed for youths to focus on developing their leadership skills which are required to create positive, large scale and lasting change in our society as well as change the lives of people living along the border areas with difficult terrains in alignment to the act east policy of the country.
- The goals of this program is to ensure all lives are improved if we have committed and skilled people in large impact roles, who can collaborate and innovate to solve such problems at scale.
- The innovation projects prepared by the fellows will be selected and implemented accordingly.
The fellowship will be in five stages
Area of field - Kamjong
According to 2011 census, Kamjong has 121 households with the total of 729 people of which 383 are male and 346 are female. The average sex ratio of the village is 903 female to 1000 male which is lower than the state average of 985.
The literacy rate of the village stands at 71.96% which is lower than the state average 76.94%. Male literacy rate stands at 76.47% while female literacy rate was 67.01%. There are around 45 villages under Kamjong sub-division with a total population of 16, 717 persons out of which male population comes to 8,729 whereas 7,988 are females according to 2011 Census of Ukhrul District.
According to 2011 census, Kamjong Sub-division had the lowest sex-ratio with 915 out of 1000 males when compared to Ukhrul sub-division that had 983. And it has also the lowest medical amenities available as compared to other sub-division under Ukhrul district. Even in the field of education, the overall literary rate in kamjong sub-division had one of the highest gender gaps with a gap of 9.52 percent overall in which 89. 56 percent of male while female literacy rate is 80.04.
Economic participation as well, Kamjong sub-division had the highest gender gap in women work participation rate as the percentage of women cultivators is 82.21 while male percentage is 68.89. Even the work participation rate as agricultural workers is higher with 1.48 percentage for women and 1.15 percent for male. Household industry workers had greater number of female participation with 2.56 percent while 1.80 for male workers. But it is important to note that such increase in women’s work participation rate falls as the lowest among the other sub- divisions under Ukhrul district according to 2011 census report.
Who are we looking for?
This is a professional program which is best- suited for the youth of India who are looking for an opportunity to test one skill and develop oneself with growth, learning through interaction with people in different settings and to be mentored by professionals from various fields.
We are looking for bright young minds across India who has demonstrated leadership quality through their work in academics and beyond.
The fellowship is open to graduates or post-graduates across all disciplines.
Stipend - Rs 8000 p.m
Duration- 6 Months
Aim of the fellowship
- RREA fellowship aims to transform the Kamjong high school, Chassad Primary school by building capacities of students, deploying technology and providing on-site support to the school.
- RREA fellows along with change management leaders will intervene in the following areas: leadership capacity, teacher’s capacity, health management, technology and on- site support to impact a district and then multiply that effect.
- It also plans to expand the program to other schools of the district after this first program and overhaul the entire education system involving all the stakeholders through innovative projects.
- RREA fellows and the district administration will go hand in hand to bring the best possible innovations for the development of the new district in lines of socio-economic empowerment of all genders.
- Learning reform requires interventions at multiple levels; this school program leverages abilities of school heads, teachers, education officials, technology and processes along with all the stakeholders involve.
Recognize Rise and Empower Association
- Mathanmi Hungyo is a professional social worker with Masters of Social Work from Delhi School of Social work with specialization in family & children, urban & rural communities as well as conflict mitigation & peace building.
- He has been part of SEWA (Self employed women’s association), Centre for Equity Studies and APDP Kashmir as a part of his field work.
- His interest area has been public health, livelihoods and sports and sustainable development.
- He recently led a research team covering 28 villages of Kamjong sub-division in Manipur on areas of health, livelihood, education and sports.
Rumor Books India
- Reekrit Serai is an Educationalist, Publisher, Entrepreneur, Author and Investor.
- He is the Co-Founder and Director of Rumour Books India, one of India's largest and reputed English-language trade publishing houses, and the official publisher of the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi's, Mann Ki Baat (a monthly radio show hosted by the Prime Minister).
- In 2013, he co-founded the Panchkula Art and Literary Festival (PALF), one of upper north India's largest and most recognised literary and art festivals, and is the Founding Director.
- Currently, he is the Co-Chair for Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Young Indians (Yi), Chandigarh region.
- He also serves on the boards of successful EdTech (Educational Technology or EduTech), PubTech (Publishing Technology), Small-Cap and Mid-Cap companies as an Advisor. He is also a Trustee and Board Member of reputed Not-for-Profit organisations.
Armstrong Pame (IAS)
Tamenglong district, Manipur
- Armstrong Pame is an officer in the Indian Administrative Service (IAS).
- Pame who hail fromTamenglong district of Manipur is India’s most eminent IAS officer award ’2015 awardee.
- He is not only acclaimed but has earned the sobriquet ‘miracle man’ for building a 100 km road famously known as the "peoples' road" connecting Manipur to Nagaland and Assam.
- In august 2012, he raised Rs. 40 lakh for this purpose through facebook page. For his efforts in building road with donation and volunteers, he was invited to Facebook headquarters in California.
- In 2012, he was nominated forCnn-Ibn Indian of the year in Public service category.
Dr. Edmond Fernandes
CEO Center for Health and Development
- Dr Edmond Fernandes is an international global health expert and CEO Center for Health and Development (CHD Group).
- He is member – health task force, DDMA,and Swacch Mangaluru Task Force, Mangaluru city corporation, government of Karnataka.
- He has authored 2 books, has 12 research publication, has influenced over 17 public policy concerns nationally and written over 140 articles in print and electronic media
- He had participated recently in the us Department of State as a legislative fellow, 2017
- At present he writes actively for the times group, India today and DNA. He can be followed on www.edmond.in
Dr Pushpanjali Jha
Delhi School Of Social Work
- Dr Pushpanjali teaches at Delhi School of Social Work.
- She finished her Mphil and Phd from Delhi university and diploma in HRM, (all India Management Association)
- Her fields are social movements and spatiality, feminisim, social exclusion, SHG & micro finance, social and political theory, social action and movements, rural and urban livelihood.
Lt Col Sanjay Sehgal (Retd), President Smartpro Foundation
- A distinguished career spanning over 33 years – Indian Army (corps of engineers), ICICI Securities ltd, Ministry of Home affairs, Govt of india..
- An experienced disaster management professional, He is widely acclaimed as the architect for “revamping of civil defence” in India and converting civil defence into a prominent role player in the disaster management mechanism of the country.
- Former assistant director general (civil defence & home guards), directorate general of fire services, civil defence & home guards, ministry of Home affairs, Govt of India.
- Former national project director, Govt of India plan scheme for mainstreaming civil defence in disaster risk reduction – 13th five year plan period.
- Presently heads Smartpro foundation which has taken on the community capacity building for disaster management, safety management and waste management as its major objectives.
- Conceived, developed & implemented the integrated waste management project for “Gurgaonone”, a premium group housing project in Gurugram. actively involved in spreading the waste management culture for betterment of environment and disaster risk reduction.
Riddhinil Roy, Founder NE8X
- Riddhinil Roy is an entrepreneur. founder & ceo of connec8ive+, an integrated campus dashboard app.
- His first startup connec8ive+ that was meant to solve the utility queries of a campus student in one platform, was recognized by hay group as the next big 100 startups from india in 2014.
- He also co-founded biocognizance a life sciences- biotech based startups which was recently acquired by a german company, k-biosciences from Bremen in an all-stock deal. "ne8x" an exclusive startup accelerator platform is meant at encouraging the startup ecosystem in the northeast India region and helping accelerate growth stage startups in various fields from this diverse region. his team has launched platforms online.
- 3 weeks after ne8x tied up with 34+ corporate partners 54+ mentor signups and more than 24+ registered startups already and in partnership with entrepreneurship cell of most of the colleges in the region.
- At ne8x, Riddhinil and his team is leading for a whole new ecosystem change for making Assam and Northeast India investment friendly innovative entrepreneurs and a wider societal encouragement system in the domain of entrepreneurship and making the youth "job creators"